Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 3 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
The combination of sweet strawberries, creamy chocolate, and a tiny kick of cayenne creates the ultimate trifecta of deliciousness.
- 1 (3-ounce) block semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate, stirring with fork or whisk so it melts evenly and doesn’t burn. Add the cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. When fully melted, remove from the heat to prevent burning.
2. Holding the strawberries by the stem end, dip them in the melted chocolate, coating them on each side.
3. Place the dipped strawberries on the prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set the chocolate, or until ready to serve.